On behalf of our ITC CG Coordinator, Dr. Maurizio Burla, we are pleased to announce that the period for applying for an ITC Conference Grant is now open.
According to the COST Vademecum (downloadable from the right menu of the COST webpage: http://www.cost.eu/participate), Conference Grants are aimed at supporting PhD students and Early Career Investigator (ECI) researchers from Participating ITC to attend international science and technology related conferences not specifically organised by the COST Action.
The following eligibility criteria apply:
- Conference Grants are exclusively reserved for PhD students and ECI’s with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC.
- The applicant must make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and must be listed in the official event/conference programme. The main subject of the oral presentation / poster presentation / speech at the approved conference must be on the topic of the Action and must acknowledge COST (see Section 9).
- The participation of each applicant must be pre-approved by the Action MC. Attendance at European conferences is preferred. However, conferences held elsewhere can also be considered.
Please note that the ITC are: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey.
In the COST Vademecum you will find further information. Please read it carefully.
The call will have the following characteristics:
- Applications can be submitted from now until further notice (when allocated budget is finished).
- They will be treated in a first come, first served basis, after checking the suitability of the applicant and the conference.
- The selected conference will have to take place before March 31st, 2019, one month before the end of the Grant Period (April 30th), so we can have enough time to process the payment of the grant and submit our Financial Report to COST in time.
- The conference program and the book of abstracts including the applicant’s name and contribution should be provided.
- Grantees who have never been reimbursed by the UPV should send Pepa (firstname.lastname@example.org) the form “Dates_address_bank” filled in and signed, together with a copy of their passport, in order to be included in the UPV database for making the payment. In the case the grantee requests the grant in an Spanish bank account, please fill in the form “Datos_Tercero“.
If after reading the COST Vademecum you still have any question, please contact Pepa.
Thank you and kind regards,
Pepa Bayarri (Grant Holder Manager)
Maurizio Burla (ITC CG Coordinator)
José Capmany (Chair and Grant Holder)